Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.

Anti-theft light is on .won't start 2003 chevy

Customer Question

***** ***** anti-theft light is on .won't start 2003 chevy silveroda
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It want crank because of the anti-theft. How to reset
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
HI, 30minute GM relearn procedure: 1-TurnON the ignition,with the engine OFF.2-Attemptto start the engine,then release the key to ON (vehicle will not start).3-Observe the SECURITY telltale(this is the antitheft light), after approximately 10minutes the telltale will turn OFF.4-Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds .5-Repeat steps 1through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes(the vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock(TM) Sensor DataCode and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK). IMPORTANT: The vehicle learns the Passlock(TM)Sensor Data Code and/or password ***** the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.6-Start the engine(the vehicle has now learned the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or password). NOTE - If the light does not go off doing the relearn procedure, either the key is faulty or the passlock control module is faulty Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. ThanksIf for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating