GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

It was fine with no issues on Sunday. Didn't go anywhere until

Customer Question

It was fine with no issues on Sunday. Didn't go anywhere until Monday evening. When I went to try to start it yesterday evening it wouldn't turn over. I initially thought it was the battery and tried to jump it and it still wouldn't go. the dash monitoring said the battery was normal and when I tried to start it again it was making some strange electrical noises.
JA: OK. Anything else I can tell the Chevy Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: We had it in the shop two weeks ago for some maintenance to fix a valve but we had no issues between then and now.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 7 months ago.
What year and model of Chevy do you have?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
2009 Chevy Equinox LS
It doesn't crank at all when you turn the key?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It tries but it just make the electronics flicker and dim.
I'm not convinced that this isn't a battery issue. I understand you tried jumpstarting it, but sometimes the connections aren't good enough and jumpstarting doesn't work. Do you have any sort of testing equipment, like a multimeter?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
When I get home from work I'll try to test the battery again and go from there.
OK, let me know how that turns out. I want to help you reach a resolution on this, but we can't just buzz past the battery when all of the symptoms point to that.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Changed the battery and that fixed the issue with it starting but now I have a Stabilitrak Off light and it's almost impossible to turn the steering wheel.
Obviously, knowing the trouble codes that the stability system is storing would be helpful here. Also, these cars came equipped one of two ways: either with hydraulic or electric power steering system. Do you know which one you have?