Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Chevrolet Duramax: I have a 2005 Duramax 6.6. It keeps losing

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Duramax 6.6. It keeps losing Prime changed injection pump and all the hoses. Put on filter housing change the brass port still losing Prime the truck sometimes will run good for 20 miles then goes to running out of fuel I can stop prime it bleed off air it will run again
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.
HI,I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.Did you just change lines from the filter to the injection pump or all the way back to the tank as well? when you stop to prime it, is there air just the injection pump are back to the filter as well, or can you tell. Finally, I need to get the vin number to check for service bulletins on this issue for your vehicle