BOBBYSS, Master Technician

Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 Z71: i have a 2004 chevy avalanch,

Customer Question

i have a 2004 chevy avalanch, when i start the truck up,both green arrows light up dim. when i turn on either signalthey blink really fast, only one blinks in the front but both rear blink dim in the rear. when i put the brakes on, all blinking in the rear stops and the top half of my brake lights go out. any ideas
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** you for the question. Can you tell me if all of the electronics on the truck are stock including the radio?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 6 months ago.
Thank you. There are several common issues on this truck. Most of the time it is either the blinker arm assembly that is shorting internally, or there is a short in the rear junction block. I would locate this block right near the rear bumper. Unplug each connector and make sure that they are clean and tight. If they are then you will need a voltage meter to run some tests to find the issue. If you need to proceed this way let me know and I can assist you with some tests.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is 3:00 am. I will try what you said about the box tomorrow if it is not raining and get back to you.
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 6 months ago.
Please let me know what you find and we can continue if needed.