Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

I have 2005 trailblazer and today I opened the driver door

Customer Question

I have 2005 trailblazer and today I opened the driver door and the wind was blowing so hard it caught the door and pulled it out of my hand and looks like it bent the door hinges out from the main body where it's welded and now the door is hitting the fender and it won't shut properly and it's sagging also looks like the whole door dropped down and missing the striker latch
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Door appears to have dropped at least a quarter inch or more
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
I am sorry your having this problemthose hinges are welded into the A pillar and the odds are both are bent bad and would need to be replaced the old ones need to be drilled and cut out and new ones welding back into place this truck needs to get to the body shop for the hinges to be replaced i am sorry to sayif you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer
Expert:  Gary replied 7 months ago.
how are you making out ?if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer