GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Funny Camaro as built Canada so some settings unknown to me.

Customer Question

Funny Camaro as built Canada so some settings unknown to me. How can I turn off automatic headlight activation?
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: No, on separate issue blinker freezes until clear as if error code which there is none. Found the more times repeat process, the more mile before repeats behavior, thoughts?
JA: What else is going on? Anything else I can tell the Chevy Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Of course , just out of mind for now, thanks.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Lou P. replied 8 months ago.

Hello , sorry for the delay, what year is the camaro and can you elaborate on the "funny" did you use that to describe that the issues seem funny?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

I'm back. It is 2002 SS Camaro with 5.7 LS6. Had issue with check engine which was fuel evaporator system. Went hotter pugs, light stayed off. What I notice at the time, chevy put in booby-trap so if went to long with out fixing blickers would freeze until cleared codes. After fixed, blinker still lets me go about 75 miles then freezes unless I clear codes

,none showing, getting about 45 miles more for each extra time go through clearing process.

Concerned what other malfunctions chevy may cause and when if source of this remains unresolved.

Expert:  Lou P. replied 6 months ago.

Oh my lol welcome back. Let me go over this and get back to you. May be later tonight , Lou

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Ok

Expert:  Lou P. replied 6 months ago.

Sorry I should have set an alarm. I will be back on in the am about 8 am if you can reply back to the then. What blinker are you referring to ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

turn dignals

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 6 months ago.

I have never encountered a issue like this before. I will opt out to see it another expert has dealt with this before and they can assist better. I wish you luck.