Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

Need to know how to reset ATS on 07 Chevy Silverado

Customer Question

***** ***** need to know how to reset ATS on 07 Chevy Silverado
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Changed ignition silander
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 8 months ago.
you need to reset the stock theft system for the key in this truck ?any access to a higher end scan tool ?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yea
Expert:  Gary replied 8 months ago.
the only way to reset the security system is following this here with a high end scan tool i am sorry to sayif you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer This 10-minute relearn procedure will relearn the prerelease password ***** the challenge/response data between the theft deterrent module (TDM) and the engine control module (ECM).Connect a scan tool to the vehicle in the pass-thru arrangement.Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.Ensure that all power consuming devices are turned OFF on the vehicle.On the Techline Terminal, select Service Programming System and follow the Techline Terminal on-screen instructions, using the Legacy Pass-Thru method. Ensure the correct programming selection is chosen based on component being replaced or programmed. For this procedure, go to the V.T.D. Vehicle Theft Deterrent Learn menu and choose the Vehicle Theft Deterrent Learn, ECM, or PK3 Replaced selection.At this point the scan tool must remain connected for the duration of the 10-minute relearn procedure.Important:The scan tool will initially display 12 Minutes. The first 2 minutes allow the scan tool to initialize the appropriate control module. The remaining 10 minutes is the relearn timer.On some vehicles the security indicator may be illuminated for the duration of the 10-minute relearn procedure.Observe the scan tool, after approximately 10 minutes the scan tool will display "Programming Successful, Turn OFF Ignition". The vehicle is now ready to relearn the key information and/or the passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK.Turn OFF the ignition and wait 2 minutes .With a master vehicle key, turn the ignition to the RUN position for 15 seconds , then start the vehicle. The TDM and ECM have now relearned the pre-release password ***** the challenge/response data.With a scan tool, clear any DTCs.
Expert:  Gary replied 8 months ago.
how are you making out ?if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer