Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Hey we installed a cp3 dueler kit on a 08 duramax and we have

Customer Question

hey we installed a cp3 dueler kit on a 08 duramax and we have 12 volts constant to the fpr. truck is loud and in a power derate mode
JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: yes it starts
JA: Glad to hear that. How old is the battery?
Customer: new
JA: Anything else I can tell the Chevy Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: engine is fully built with twin turbos, only trouble we are having is this fpr code
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
k so on this unit we have two brand new high pressure fuel pumps with a brand new fass lift pump. when we start the truck it sits at 10,000 psi and does move, we are getting p0090 and its putting the truck in derate. we have checked wiring and also changed the fpr, we have ran it without it being plugged in and still no change in pressure. truck runs fine but has no power due to the derate, any help would be great
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Usually when you add a lift pump this causes the FPR code and limp mode you have here as the low pressure pump causes a pressure mismatch with what the computer usually sees and can cause this.If you have not checked into any after market programming for the engine and fuel computer you might see if there is an option out there to reprogram to repair this fault here.If this has already been checked or done let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete