Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

Pearl. I have a 2003 tahoe 5 3. I changed the engine out

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. I have a 2003 tahoe 5 3. I changed the engine out with another 5.3, swapped all sensors over and now it won't turn over. The dash goes black when the key is turned to the start position. The security light is illuminated steady in on and off positions. Relearn key procedure doesn't work as the light never goes off.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: Key fob no longer locks or unlocks doors.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Chevy Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Everything is reconnected but coil packs.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also can't establish a connection to ecu using torque (app) over obd port.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Found a ground issue to ecm...cleaned connection and now turns over but no spark. No more security light...no codes but connect to ecm ok.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nevermind, I found the issue. Missing another ground on the bottom of the engine.
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 year ago.
We're glad you resolved your issue.Best Regards.