Mike S.
Mike S., Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
20625509

I found a capacitor with a resistance on it, it is on

Customer Question

HELLO, I found a capacitor with a resistance on it, it is on the right side of the main fuse box under the hood ... the wire is cut ... but I do not know the purpose of this capacitor and though I have the chev. manual, there is no diagram of the front fuse box ... please help
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. Are you planning on changing the fuse yourself?
Customer: I am in Mexico ... in a garage ...
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to fuse guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: We are trying to correct an oxigen sensor problem ...
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Chevy Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Yes it would help if he could tell us where the oxigen sensor fuses are ...
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ryan Schott replied 7 months ago.
fair chance that is the terminating resistor for network communications does it ohm out at about 120 ohms? can you send me the vin so i know what your working on?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
VIN = 1GBLP37J4T3312547 1996 Chevrolet P30 (VR TREK 1997)
What we need to know is the location of the the Oxigen sensors FUSE. I have the OWNER MANUAL but it do not have a fuse panel description. We were trying to locate te Oxi. Sensor fuse ... and we saw that capacitor ...
i'll re-open this i cant pull up the schematic for that model.
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 7 months ago.
.sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (aka MOLurch) and I look forward to helping you!”.That is a "noise suppressor" & not factory installedFrom your picture, one leg goes to Ground - & the other leg goes to the large BLACK wire with another leg just hanging there.2200Mf Capacitors are typically used to get Engine noise or frequesncy noise out of a circuit.You can leave it or remove.IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating..Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A..NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better..Rating is very Important to our Service..
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am sorry for the confusion, the REAL question was : Where are the fuses for the Oxigens sensor ...
which engine?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is a 454 Chevrolet 1996 in a RV TREK 1997
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We have 2 dead Oxigen Sensors (B21 and 2 ) and we need to locate the fuse ....
Expert:  Mike S. replied 7 months ago.
The fuse for the O2 sensors is the ENG-1 fuse in the I/P fuse block, here is the wring diagram.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I do not need the wiring diagram ... I do need to know the exact location of the fuses in the fuse block ...
Expert:  Mike S. replied 7 months ago.
I always include wiring diagrams incase I need to look at them. That way they are already here. There is only one fuse, the ENG-1. I'll see if I can download the owners manual.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 7 months ago.
here it is,
Expert:  Mike S. replied 7 months ago.
JustAnswer® is not a free service. I work hard to make sure you're satisfied with my service and I only get credit for my answers based on your rating. Once you're satisfied, please leave a positive rating.