GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Changed the oil in our 1500 Silverado 4.8 motor and now it

Customer Question

Changed the oil in our 1500 Silverado 4.8 motor and now it has blow by from the oil dip stick. No power. We have also put on 8 new coil packs and spark plugs along with pvc and throttle body. It now runs like crap and is still pulling the same codes.
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission?
Customer: 2003. 237,000 miles
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to transmission guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: It's been running like bad for months. My husband did not properly maintain it.
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Chevy Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: That's it. Thanks
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Daniel Jones replied 8 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to the site. Thanks for coming.I'm ***** *****. I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.Can you give me your VIN# ***** I get the proper information for your vehicle and check for Service Bulletins? Thank you for posting your question.Your business is very valuable to us.Thank You***** *****
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
2GCEC19V331248012
What did the old plugs look like that were removed?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Husband Will be in shortly. He's changing the oil filter now.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I didn't know they were the original spark plugs and the truck has 235000 miles on it
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I did know..
Expert:  Daniel Jones replied 7 months ago.
What did the old plugs look like that were removed?How was it running before the tune-up?