GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

I have a 2004 suburban and I got in this morning, went to

Customer Question

hi I have a 2004 suburban and I got in this morning, went to start it and nothing. No dash lights or radio. hooked up jumper cable and still nothing. Think it might be the ignition fuse??
JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: no not even with a jump.. doesnt even crank.
JA: Got it. The mechanic will have thoughts on how you two can troubleshoot and diagnose this issue. How old is the battery?
Customer: 6 months
JA: Anything else I can tell the Chevy Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: nothing thanks
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ryan Schott replied 6 months ago.
bang on the steering column and see if you get lights or it starts, this was a bad year range for ignition switches. if that doesn't do it let me know and I'll shoot you the locations of the fuses to check.