GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Chevrolet suburban: I have a 96 Chevy suburban that's experiencing

Customer Question

I have a 96 Chevy suburban that's experiencing small electrical problems. Nothing major but it is a nuisance. I think it might have something to do with the ignition switch module, that goes from the top of the column to down under the dash. There are a lot of wire in that harness. Could someone tell me what all that could possibly effect if going bad? Thanks in advance!
Big T
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 8 months ago.
If you have a problem in the ignition switch or the harness, most of the time this will result in intermittent loss of power to certain electrical components. This can be a no start problem, loss of power to dash gauges, transmission not shifting properly, loss of power to radio or a/c system. What type of symptoms are you experiencing?