Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2005 Malibu classic. I have lost the key. I was

Customer Question

Hi. I have a 2005 Malibu classic. I have lost the key. I was wondering how to go about replacing it?
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: ? No symptoms, I just need to get a new key
JA: What else is going on?
Customer: I need to have a new key made. That is it
JA: Anything else I can tell the Chevy Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No, that is it. Thanks
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 8 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Since you now have no keys. You need to contact the dealer with the vin# ***** see if they have the key codes. If not then contact a lock smith to see if they can get the lock cylinder out and cut a key from the tumbler numbers. If not then the key cylinder needs to be drilled out and replaced with a new one and 2 new keys then the programming steps below performed.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/30minute.pdf -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. Because the rating at the top of your screen was not selected. If so please do reply.4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris