Ryan Schott
Ryan Schott,
Experience:  technician at Demarois Buick Gmc

Trying to remove the oil pan on a 2001 Chevy S-10 blazer with

Customer Question

Trying to remove the oil pan on a 2001 Chevy S-10 blazer with a 4.3 v-6 and automatic transmission. All 12 bolts have been removed as indicated in the manual and it's free everywhere except the rear that butts up against the bell housing. I also removed the starter support bracket and two additional bolts on the transmission just to be sure. It's seems something is still holding the pan at the rear of the engine but I can't see anything. The pan is starting to break from the prying and beating it with a block of wood and hammer. What am I missing?
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission?
Customer: Everything is stock on the 2001 blazer and original
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to transmission guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: Fine
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Chevy Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ryan Schott replied 6 months ago.
did you get these plugs out and the bolts above them?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That was it! I didn't know there were bolts under those rubber plugs. Haines manual was so vague. Thanks for your help.
No problem! glad you got it