Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  building and driving chevy's since i was in the womb!!!! camaro and corvette enthusiest, access to factory diagrams and tsb's

Chevrolet 2003 anniversary edition: Bill, I am having this

Customer Question

Bill, I am having this exact same problem. I checked under the car. It appears to be OK. Cable is still hooked to the transmission and moves freely with the lever on the transmission when I manually twist it.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Lou P. replied 6 months ago.
Hello, what model do you have? 2003 anniv edition of what? i will do what i can to assist. thanks Lou P.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2000 + 3 Corvette Anniversary Edition. the shifter will move but it does not engage the transmission. automatic transmission
I have checked under the car and the Linkage appears to be hook up to the transmission shift lever. I can manually manipulate the shift lever by hand from under the car best I can tell the lever and Linckage looks good all moves very freely.I am in the process inspecting the shifter. I am presently at the point where I have the shifter boot loose looking at the interlock cable.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 6 months ago.
ok, so you can move the shifter and the cable does not move the trans linkage? the sheathing may have cracked allowing the cable to move outside of the sheathing, usually happens where the cable passes through the floor or near a bend.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 6 months ago.
here are 2 files that may help. let me know if there is something i can assist with, you seem to be on the right track. Lou P.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 6 months ago.
Hello, was my info helpful? did you get everything taken care of?