GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

I connect my seat belt, but the light does not go off. Then

Customer Question

I connect my seat belt, but the light does not go off. Then it blinks and goes off after about a minute or so. Then it rings saying the belt is not clasped and repeats the above. It does this twice while driving. When I stop and the engine is turned off, the cycle starts again.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: No other indicator lights stay on.
JA: What else is going on?
Customer: Small leak in the radiator that is going to get fixed next week, other than that, it has been running well
JA: Anything else I can tell the Chevy Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Nope
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 6 months ago.
This is likely due to a wiring issue with the seat belt buckle. What year and model is your Chevrolet? I can look up the schematic and help you figure out what's going on with it.