Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

2002 chevy silverado 5.3 stuck in secruit mode starts and stall

Customer Question

2002 chevy silverado 5.3 stuck in secruit mode starts and stall please help ja
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission?
Customer: 2002 oor ginal
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to transmission guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: not after i rebuild the enine
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Chevy Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no not right off hand
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Has anything been replaced for this condition? Have you tried doing the relearn procedure?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
nothing replaced just rebuilt the engine no i dont know how to reprogram the sistian
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 months ago.
You might be able to get the vehicle started by doing the relearn procedure. If not chances are the passlock sensor is bad preventing the engine from starting. Let me start by sending you the ignition switch relearn procedure.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 months ago.
Turn the ignition switch to the CRANK position for about one second, then release to the ON position.Leave the ignition in the ON position for 10-14 minutes. Do not go under 10 minutes or the relearn will abort. After the 10-14 minute cycle, turn the key off for 15 seconds. This will power the vehicle down. Repeat steps two more times (3 times total) if needed. After the 3rd cycle, the theft system should synchronize to the new Passlock sensor. It should then start and run normally.In some cases the vehicle may start and run before the 3rd relearn cycle. This means that the relearn has finished early. The vehicle should start and run normally from this point.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i tried this and no luke so far
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 months ago.
Ok, then chances are the passlock cylinder is bad inside the lock cylinder/ignition switch and will need to be replaced
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
itried what you sed and it still dont work. please help
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 months ago.
Hello and sorry for the delay! Was the passlock sensor replaced?
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 months ago.
Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance? Let me know!