Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.

Battery checks good. when I start my truck the clock radio

Customer Question

Battery checks good. when I start my truck the clock radio resets to 12:00. Sometimes the car won't even attempt to start. 60 seconds later it will start like a champ.
JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: Some ti9me yes and sometimes just a click. Seconds latter ot will start perfectly
JA: Got it. The mechanic will have thoughts on how you two can troubleshoot and diagnose this issue. How old is the battery?
Customer: 2 years
JA: Anything else I can tell the Chevy Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: nothing I can think of.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 6 months ago.
Battery cable connections are what immediately come to mind for me. If there is any corrosion, you'll have to take the cables off the battery and really look closely at them, and remove/repair any corroded terminals. Also check the tightness of every cable connection, at both ends (battery as well as where the cables run to the engine, fuse block, etc.). I'd start there, and you may find that you come across the issue pretty quickly once you start taking it apart and really looking at those cables.