Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

Chevrolet Impala LT: 2 weeks ago I purchased 2 new tires.

Customer Question

2 weeks ago I purchased 2 new tires. Same size but the goodyear was out of stock so I opted for 2 kelly tires which they installed on rear of 2007 Impala LT. Next day my check engine lite went on and then my svc traction control lite, then my losing engine power lite and they kept rotating. I rehecked tire size and they all had 38 to 39 PSI. I returned to tire store and had them put in 30 PSI as was instructed by Chevy manual. and told them to reset the prompts. Ever since,this has been happening over and over. I assumed it was the tires but was told I probably need my throttle replaced. What gives??
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 6 months ago.
Hi Judy, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. I recommend having Autozone or a shop get the fault codes you have logged which will help isolate what part of the circuit to test. Autozone will scan codes for free. Let me know
It is very possible you have an ABS speed sensor or harness problem. For more information please click this link.Traction control light troubleshooting
It is possible if the wiring is damaged to a speed sensor that when changing the tire they could have damaged the sensor or harness. But to know for sure we would need to isolate the codes and isolate the source of the problem.