Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

How much does it cost? JA: I'm not sure of the exact price,

Customer Question

how much does it cost?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: quick question.. if you tell me something that I already know and cant help me can I have my $ back?
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: I haven't given any symptoms yet
JA: Anything else I can tell the Chevy Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: My 89 K2500 5.7/350 was missing badly, so I did a tune up. 20 or so miles up the highway I was fighting to stay above 60. When the pedal is 1/8 to 1/4 way down, I'm back firing through the pipe, and I'm bogging down terribly, causing my truck to 'buck' down the road.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 8 months ago.
I am sorry your having this problemis the fuel filter new under this truck ?if it is and the fuel pressure is 9 to 13 PSI the only other thing to cause this exact problem is a defective or bad distributor with a bad pick up coil or module or the magnet is cracked inside of the distributorusually the best action to take is to be sure the fuel filter is new and the fuel pressure is withing spec if it is swapping out that distributor complete with a reman one complete from Napa or Pep Boys will fix this type of issueif you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer