mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco

Well we recently had our keys stolen then tryed to bypass the

Customer Question

Well we recently had our keys stolen then tryed to bypass the key chip transponder which didn't work so now we got the keys back and the security light thing wont let us start the truck
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: I believe so
JA: Anything else I can tell the Chevy Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: The lights are on and radio just wont start
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  mike switzer replied 6 months ago.
the relearn procedure for chevy vehicles is as follows make sure you have a good charged battery or a charger hooked up1. turn the key to on and then try to start the vehicle. then let the key stay in the on position for 10minutes2. at ten minutes turn the key off for ten seconds repeat steps 1 and 2 two more times after the third time you turn it off wait the ten seconds and the vehicle should start the next start. sometimes it will start the second key turn. most times the first key turn after the procedure. if you have no more questions i would appreciate if you took a moment to rate me.