Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs

Is my name have a 1996 Chevrolet pickup Silverado

Customer Question

***** ***** is my name have a 1996 Chevrolet pickup Silverado the end of the drifts all over the road when I'm trying to drive it how to change upper a arms drag link tie rods you name it and it's just drips all over the road I don't know what else to do
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: While driving the car or truck the truck veers to the right and you gotta push it pull it back with the steering wheel and then it wants to go to the left and then you got like weeds all over the road
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.One common cause for the type of drift you are describing can be caused by the rear end shifting do to broken centering bolts which can cause the truck to dog track and steer the way your describing. You can check this by taking a tape measure and with the front wheel straight measure from the rear of the front tire to the front of the rear tire on each side of the truck. If the diff has not shifted the measurements should be the same on both sides. If the readings are different then the diff has shifted. Check this and see if that is what you have doing on here.