GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

We're thinking of buying a 88 Vette 4 $3,000, the original

Customer Question

We're thinking of buying a 88 Vette 4 $3,000, the original owner said ithe battery drains,cash lights go out. Shoulders I pass or invest? It has 91,000 miles
JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: Should I buy. What would an electronic checkup say? I don't know if its a good deal. Sorry I'm a girl. My dad had 2 Bette's a 72 & 76. No problems. I inhearated Vette fever. Thanks, Rebecca
JA: How old is the battery? Got it. The mechanic will have thoughts on how you two can troubleshoot and diagnose this issue.
Customer: The seller lives in Taos, NM . (rich folks) I'm in albburquerque.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Chevy Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: I just don't want to be bamboozled into buying a drain on my checkbook.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Roy replied 8 months ago.
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist 3 grand is very cheap for a nice classic like that. the drain can be repaired with someone who is familiar with electrical system. the solutions are often simple. once the drain is identified, then the repair will be easy. what condition is the reat of the car in??? Roy