Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.

Chevrolet Suburban 2500 LT: Cam, I have a 2009 3/4 ton Suburban

Customer Question

Hi Cam, I have a 2009 3/4 ton Suburban converted to 2008 2500hd duramax/allison drivetrain (I know not factory) with similar problem as this thread I found your responses on:
Cruise will only work once I clear codes such as u1826, C0561, P0571, and P0675. Once I clear codes cruise will work until I apply moderate or more brake pressure. Then cruise will not function until codes are cleared again. Then works fine until brake is applied moderately again. I have had vehicle to three different dealers and no luck. One replaced EBCM, they said retaining tabs were broken. Everything else on the vehicle work as it should. Not sure which way to go. I am not a mechanic btw. Thanks for your time. Lee Tauchen
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Also forgot to add one more thing the last chevy dealer found. With key on and engine off, no brake is detected. Once engine is started, Tech 2 shows brake is applied even without depressing.
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. This may be an issue with programming compatibility causing this fault here where one of the computers in the vehicle may not be programmed properly due to the swap over that was done or converted.If the dealers did not check programming in the engine,brake and fuel computers as well as body control computer this needs done to see if any programming is needed.They in some cases may need to contact their tech support to see if they can obtain any special programming to correct this here as well.If this was already done let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete