GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

My 2013 gmc 2500 hd 6.0l truck was running fine then started

Customer Question

My 2013 gmc 2500 hd 6.0l truck was running fine then started to bog then shut off. Cranks but sounds like no fuel. Fuel pump works all fuses are good.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. Are you planning on changing the fuse yourself?
Customer: Fuses are good. Not getting fuel to the fuel rail
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to fuse guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: Can a speak to someone else please
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Chevy Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: Nope. Thanks
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 8 months ago.
What makes you say the fuel pump is good, if there is no fuel going to the fuel rail?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
When you turn the key on you can hear it. There's fuel in the rail
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No fault codes come up on my obd2 also
How much fuel pressure do you have? The fact that there is fuel present isn't enough to work with, the fuel pressure spec is 55-62psi. You can borrow a fuel pressure gauge at no charge at Autozone, Advance, etc. if you don't have one.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is there anything else you can think of besides fuel pressure.
Your scan tool, does it read live data or only codes? I would be looking at the data to see if the RPM is reading more than 0 when you're cranking it. That's another solid clue, but fuel pressure is the big hitter on these trucks. The truck just won't start if the pressure isn't high enough.