Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.

Chevrolet Equinox LS: My 2010 Equinox on dash it has all wheel

Customer Question

My 2010 Equinox on dash it has all wheel drive off what is the problem my name is george
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 6 months ago.
Hi George. This typically has to do with the coupler at the rear axle, it's electrically actuated by a computer, and this computer has determined that something is wrong with one of the circuits going to this coupler, or one of the inputs from other sensors. I wouldn't attempt a diagnosis or repair without having the diagnostic information from the computer, which can only be retrieved with a high-end scan tool. Since you probably don't have one of these, that means you'll have to take it in for proper diagnosis, which will probably cost you about $100. There is an electrical solenoid at the rear axle that typically goes bad here, but I don't recommend buying this part or replacing anything without a good diagnosis. Having it professionally figured out will save you money here, buying the wrong parts is expensive.