GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Chevrolet MALIBU: I have an 05 chevy Malibu.I am trying to

Customer Question

I have an 05 chevy Malibu.I am trying to bypass the passkey system.I have replaced the ignition switch and the passkey module but car still wont start.i have noticed on other sites they all talk about 3 wires coming from the switch /yellow,black and white but mine has 5 wires going to the switch and 5 wires going to the passkey module so I don't know whitch wire to cut to bypass the passkeythanks David BIDDY ACWORTH, GA
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 8 months ago.
Why are you trying to bypass the passkey system? It seems like you have already spent money on the parts but just haven't got them working yet.
You can't bypass this system, that's really the short answer to your question. This module has power and ground, and two communication wires that send and receive encoded information. You can't replicate this signal, if it's not working, you have to get it working. What trouble codes do you have?