GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

Chevrolet Uplander: I bumped my right rear bumper. Immediately

Customer Question

I bumped my right rear bumper. Immediately the first three gears in transmission on a 2008 uplander guilt working. I told the transmission shop iit did not need transmission. They installed one for $3500. And took it out the next day. The lowest gear and reverse work perfect I believe the problem to be a fuse or electrical. So far I have spent nothing as the transmission shop was clueless
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 6 months ago.
If you place the transmission shifter in D range, does the vehicle move? Is the check engine light on?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The transmission only works in low gear and reverse. All the check engine lights have been on for over a year
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My cell is(###) ###-#### If it is easier. Van was perfect bumped bumper and electricity to most of transmission quit. I told transmission shop that they wanted to sell new transmission. I told them it could not possible need one. They installed it for one day. Van did exact thing. Howard
In the underhood fuse panel, check the TRANS SOLS fuse. If the fuse looks okay, test for voltage at this fuse with the key ON. Let me know what you find there.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are you unable to explain this? Without knowing which is the trans sols fuse your advice is useless. I'm giving you until 10pm est
I am able to explain this. The underside of the fuse panel has a diagram showing the fuses, their number and locations. For your reference I have attached a picture of this diagram. The TRANS SOLS fuse is fuse #11. After you have checked this fuse, let me know. Thanks,Dave