GM Bob
GM Bob, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 plus years. experience as GM technician, ASE Master Technician and GM Certified.

Chevrolet Corvette: I have a 2005 corvette manual trans with

Customer Question

I have a 2005 corvette manual trans with a column lock problem. The car has 48000 miles on it. When I attempt to start the car I get a DIC message (service column lock) The column stays locked and the car won't start. In an effort to fix the problem I changed the column lock module. The new module was received new from GM parts in the unlock position. After installation I connected the battery and the new module immediately locked and the DIC gave me the same (service column lock) message as before when I tried to start the car.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Bob replied 6 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I can help.I have fixed this problem several times.At the base of the column where you plugged in the lock module. GM did a recall and add a relay kit.I have talked with GM tech assist. They had me remove the relay kit on the ones that get towed in to the dealer.Let me know if you need more help or info.Thank you
Expert:  GM Bob replied 6 months ago.
Just checking to see if you still need help?
Expert:  GM Bob replied 6 months ago.
If you need a picture of the relay that needs to be removed? just let me know.Thank you
Expert:  GM Bob replied 5 months ago.
Just following up to see if you need more help?