AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

My 1999 Chevy Silverado 1500 window doesn't work and my door

Customer Question

My 1999 Chevy Silverado 1500 window doesn't work and my door doesn't lock and unlock
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Can I start by getting your vin? Thank you!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
1GCEK19V2xz161461
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is this what you needed?
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.
Yes thank you for the vin! I will do some research for you and post back in a bit. Thank you!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Alright
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.
Hello and sorry for the delay! Have you checked the power window swithes for power? If not, this would be the first step. PWR WDO 25 amp circuit breaker that could have tripped. This circuit breaker gets power from the RAP relay located in the left bussed electrical center. Here is a wiring diagram.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.
Unless of course just the left side window is not working. Then you could have a bad window switch, bad window motor or a wiring issue between the two.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.
There are a few different fuses that power up the door lock relays. The DR lock fuse and the MIR/lock fuse. Both are located in the left bussed electrical center.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.
Here is a wiring diagram.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.
YES, they can be related. It is possible that you have a wiring issue causing both of these problems or the left bussed electrical center might just be bad causing both of these problems. Both are possible so you are going to need to run some tests/checks. The wiring diagrams I sent over should help point you in the right direction.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.
The left bussed electrical center is located on the left side of the dash.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.
I am glad I can help! It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "Excellent Service" for assisting you today. Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.
Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance? Let me know!