rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

I have a 1999 Chevy Silverado 1500 and my windows doesn't work,

Customer Question

I have a 1999 Chevy Silverado 1500 and my windows doesn't work, my doors does't lock and unlock
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: Also I had put my obd2 to the connector and it is not on
JA: Anything else I can tell the Chevy Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No that's it
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The email I'm entering is not allowing me open it
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confidentwe can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skilllevel. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies toget to satisfactory results. Please be patient!I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it.An OBD2 tool won't give body codes, only a scan tool will do that. Check for power going to all these items first including grounds. Also, check the wiring harness/loom going through the doors for smashes or breaks.Thanks, Ron
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.Ron