sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Seems like the 2008 corvette will not go in park

Customer Question

***** *****..seems like the 2008 corvette will not go in park even thou battery is good
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I started it up originally put it in reverse then it would not go into drive..I shut it off and now won't restart even thou it says in park..but I did notice I can still move the car while in park
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!It sounds as if you either have a shifter or cable issue or it's possible that the problem could be in the transmission, but that's not as likely.It appears that you have the shifter in park but the transmission isn't actually in park. If that's the case it's most likely because the shift cable hasn't fully moved the linkage at the transmission to the park position. There may be damage to the cable or it could be out of adjustment.With the car properly supported or the emergency brake set and wheels chocked, can you slide under and see if there is visible damage to the linkage at the trans?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you I looked underneath and all cable look normal..I had a tow service come and he lifted up the vehicle and manually move it to park then start it up then manually move it to drive while having the break on.. then I was able to drive it home but shut it down til I get it to a garage..he and I both belive the cable got unattached from the shifter
It's possible that the cable is off at the shifter or the shifter itself is broken. If the cable was attached at the trans and it could be shifted manually there then you either have a broken cable, it may be misadjusted, or there is n issue in the shifter.