EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chevrolet Technician
34559540

First my transmission fluid is black. Second my car only drives

Customer Question

First my transmission fluid is black. Second my car only drives in reverse. It was put on a machine that gave me P0700 and P2534 codes ..Its a 2006 chevy impala
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission?
Customer: I do not know
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to transmission guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: Good
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Chevy Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 8 months ago.
Hi. With black fluid and p0700 it indicates that more than likely you have burnt clutches in the transmission. At this point you need to determine if you would rather replace the entire unit, or have this one rebuilt.