Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

The hub will not come off the spindle after removing the 3

Customer Question

The hub will not come off the spindle after removing the 3 bolts on my chevy venture
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: Yes I am trying to change the wheel burning and it will not come off the spindle. All the bolts are removed
JA: Anything else I can tell the Chevy Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: That's it. Thanks
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 8 months ago.
is the axle loose in the center of the hub ?if so with the 3 bolts out of it is frozen in the spindle and you will need to hit it very hard side to side on the hub part where the lug studs are to shock it loose to break up the corrosion holding it in placeusually a 3 to 5 lb hammer will do the trick or an air chisel working side to side can loosen it upbut the bot***** *****ne is with it stuck like this you have to get aggressive with it to get it out if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer
Expert:  Gary replied 8 months ago.
how are you making out ?if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer
Expert:  Gary replied 8 months ago.
did you get it off ?