Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.

I shorted out an orange wire in the right rear

Customer Question

***** *****, I shorted out an orange wire in the right rear harness of a 2001 chevy express 2500 van. I have gone through all the fuses both inside under the driver side and under the hood on the driver side and all the fuses area are ok. are there move fuse boxes and what is this wire for?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The wire is behind the car jack inside the van that goes through the body and into the door.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. An orange wire is usually a power feed wire but its hard to say for sure unless we know what this wire runs and connects to.It sounds like you have checked all fuses.Check at the starter for a fusible link wire and see if it is blown needing replaced.If it is checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here.Let me know if there is no fusible link wire as well. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete