Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

What is a reduced power fault chevy colorado 2004

Customer Question

Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What is reduced power chevy coloradp 2004
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 11 months ago.
This has to do with the electronic throttle control, and is usually due to a faulty throttle body. However, I highly recommend proper diagnosis (trouble codes, at least), because it could be a couple of other things, and these parts are too expensive to be guessing. Do you know what trouble codes are set?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I found it p0303
P0303 is a cylinder three misfire, and will not cause a reduced power message. There has to be other codes stored, like P2153 for example. Is it possible that your code reader just won't read these manufacturer specific codes? Because if you have that message on your dash, you have these throttle codes stored, it's just a matter of retrieving them.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Just p0443 fault thats all there isnt any other
P0443 isn't related to the throttle, either. Is this problem current right now? It says "reduced engine power" on your information center when you drive it?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes
What kind of scan tool do you have?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Obd scan
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Simple pbd
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Simple obd
OK. This just isn't going to give you the information you need. You can go to Autozone, Advance, and places like that and get codes read for free, that's a good option. Or you can pay a professional mechanic to diagnose it. Or you can guess and just throw a part at it. I'd go for option A, come back to me with the codes that they retrieve. There ARE other codes in there, your tool just doesn't read them. I can help you pin this down if you can get the proper trouble codes.