Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.

Chevrolet S10: Put a 1997 2.2 Chevy s10 into my 2000 s10 with

Customer Question

Put a 1997 2.2 Chevy s10 into my 2000 s10 with a new 146 head to match the 2000 efi configuration and everything went great until I went to plug in the crank sensor . Changed out crank sensor from 2000 block to the 1997 block and no spark help v/r craig
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Most of these crank sensors read off of a reluctor ring behind the timing cover.If this was not replaced to match the sensor and vehicle then this will need done.If this was already done and did not correct the fault here or has been checked and found to be the correct one let me know so we can continue from here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
All the sensors have been replaced by matching part numbers . I then plugged in to check what the ecu was doing and found that power avail going in but nothing talking or no codes . Also that truck was jumped with jumper cables reversed polarity
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Do you know if this issue only occurred after the truck was jumped backwards?