GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Replaced alot blazer runs 15mins tops shuts off wont start

Customer Question

replaced alot blazer runs 15mins tops shuts off wont start unless unhook battery for a while then it will start
JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: hook up batterey run for 15mins then stallout
JA: Got it. The mechanic will have thoughts on how you two can troubleshoot and diagnose this issue. How old is the battery?
Customer: 2year its in good con.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Chevy Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: seams fuel pump shuts off
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Roy replied 8 months ago.
good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist when it stalls out, have you checked if there was spark or fuel pressure???was or is the check engine light on?? Roy
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
check engine light comes on every time i go too the book it tells me must have brain redone at the dealer
Expert:  Roy replied 8 months ago.
ok, codes tell you nothing but the area of failure. it never identifies bad parts, just failed systems. do you have the code number??? if it is the pcm, it would explain the shutting off as it controls the fuel pump. Roy
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
thanks but its an obd1 brain with an obd2 plud can not get scanner too read
Expert:  Roy replied 8 months ago.
do you have a code reader or scan tool??if there is a plug for obd 2 then it should read the info Roy