George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM Tech ASE Master Tech 15+ years
13574682

None of my cigarette lighter, aux ports are working on my 2012

Customer Question

None of my cigarette lighter, aux ports are working on my 2012 Chevrolet Traverse LT with tow package. I checked all fuses in the under the hood fuse box and they all seem intact...what's next
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. Are you planning on changing the fuse yourself?
Customer: Yes if that's the problem
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to fuse guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: Great no other problems
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Chevy Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No thanks
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  George H. replied 8 months ago.
Hello I will help you with your question, Do you have a voltmeter or 12 volt testlight to check the circuit if I guide you?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No I'm traveling on the road
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Are you there
You have three fuses so maybe what you are plugging into the outlets is the problem? The fuses you want are all in the underhood fuse block, the CIGAR LIGHTER, the AUX PWR and the RR APO fuse. If you can swing by an autoparts store and pickup a testlight there are metal testpoints on the back of each fuse. Check to be sure you have 12 volts at BOTH testpoints on the fuses then move to the center contact of the outlet. Let me know how I can help Thank you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I checked all three fuses under the hood. They all looked good to me, are there any relays or something else I can look for
Looking good and having 12 volts are two different things. The testlight lets you see the power. There are no relays, If you will pick up a light and test I can help you find te problem.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok I'll try to find a store to buy a test light and additional fuses.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Can I get back in touch when I have the tester and fuses
Great, test those fuses and let me know what you find. If you show 12 volts at the center contact of the outlet then you need to look at the accessory plug. Post back to this thread and I am notified, I am here for a couple more hours tonight.