Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

Having an issue with my blower motor, I know it's the

Customer Question

Hello, having an issue with my blower motor, I know it's the resistor or fuse but can not locate the fuse for it. Can you help?
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. Are you planning on changing the fuse yourself?
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to fuse guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: Great
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Chevy Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No ma'am
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 6 months ago.
What year and model is your Chevy? Does it have manual A/C controls, or automatic controls?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
07 Tahoe, Auto
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I see there has been a recall on the resistor for the blower motor. Didn't know about that.
The automatic controls do not have a resistor. They have a blower speed control module. In the underhood fuse panel, check the HVAC BLWR fuse. If the fuse is okay, replace the blower control module.