GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

My transmission doesn't engage in drive or 3rd except after

Customer Question

my transmission doesn't engage in drive or 3rd except after I start in 1rst and work it through the gears. is my tranny going out or is there a simple fix
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission?
Customer: 2013 was rebuilt
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to transmission guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: perfect
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Chevy Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: transfer was replaced two days ago but problem was there before the change
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.
god morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist does reverse work ok?? in drive, it will not move until you lower the shifter to another gear???just trying to get more info Roy