Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

Im just looking up i have 4 cods on my 03 3.8 impala abs c1223

Customer Question

im just looking up i have 4 cods on my 03 3.8 impala abs c1223 c1224 c1226
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with ABS (as well as brakes in general.) Do you happen to have the code?
JA: Sorry, I don't understand.
Customer: imi have you 3 of the cods
JA: Ok, so other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: yes and thes cods ar in history now but guy toled me it was just on i have c1226 and a c1248
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Chevy Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no its ok \
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** key code here is the C1248 which means the abs module has failed. The other codes indicate problems with the wheel speed sensors but it is unlikely 3 sensors failed at once. You will want to start by checking power/grounds at abs module and verify none of the other wiring is shorted to ground. If everything is good then replace the abs module. A new abs module will need to be reprogrammed at the dealership so best option is to buy a used abs module yourself, install, then pay dealer $50 to reprogram it. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.