mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

2004 chevy trailblazer oil pressure goes up and down,

Customer Question

2004 chevy trailblazer oil pressure goes up and down , changed the oil pressure switch and oil strainer in oil pan still the same thing whats wrong ?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Lou P. replied 9 months ago.

Hello, when is the last time you changed the oil and what kind of oil do you use?

does the engine make any noise? does temperature change it?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I changed the oil when I dropped the oil pan last week ,the engine does not make any noise , the stop engine message comes on dash , and the temp does not change .
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I used full synthetic.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
oil pressure sensor does not drop while car is sitting and running just when you drive it
Expert:  Lou P. replied 9 months ago.

ok, so what if you put it in gear and brake torque it? also try wiggling the connection to the sensor, it could be just a wiring issue, if it were major i would expect it to do it at idle as well

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok,because motor doesnt change at all we light comes on
Expert:  Lou P. replied 9 months ago.

yeah so the next step if wiggling the wiring does not change anything is to hook up a pressure gauge to the oil port and drive it with it to see if the pressure is actually doing that .

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  Lou P. replied 9 months ago.

No problem at all, please let me know what you find and if you need more help. i am always here to help. Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok i wiggle the wires and nothing took it for a drive a pressure fell back down,when i pressed gas it rises
Expert:  Lou P. replied 9 months ago.

ok, so now you need to get and hook up a pressure gauge in place of the oil pressure sensor.

Expert:  Lou P. replied 9 months ago.

I see you have been using our service for quite some time, but i also see that you have never rated any answers, for that reason i will ask that you rate me positive if we are going to continue, or else i will opt out.

Expert:  Lou P. replied 9 months ago.

the deposit you pay does not pay us, we experts only get paid when the question gets rated positively. i hope you understand and i hope you can go back and rate all your questions if you have felt they were helpful. Lou P.

Expert:  mike switzer replied 9 months ago.

to be perfectly honest i would have to say you have a bad gauge cluster. they are well known to go out on chevy vehicles. there is a place in concord california that repairs them you can send it to. the name of the place is speedotach in concord california. unless you have a place local to you that can repair clusters.