Ryan Schott
Ryan Schott,
Experience:  technician at Demarois Buick Gmc

2009 gmc Yukon denali. No trailer lights working and my

Customer Question

2009 gmc Yukon denali. No trailer lights working and my brake control inside the cab isn't reading anything.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: No cruise control either
JA: What else is going on?
Customer: Nothing
JA: Anything else I can tell the Chevy Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ryan Schott replied 7 months ago.

can you send me your whole vin and is this factory trailer brake or an aftermarket one?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
1GKFK03259R291609 After market brake using the 7 point hitch connection that came with the vehicle. Worked great for years. Then the cruise control went out and then we lost power to the trailer. Someone is telling me a brake switch may solve this

yah, these are very common for losing those they will usually have a p0571 or right around there pop up but your check engine light will not illuminate for this issue. are your regular brake lights still working?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

can you snap a picture of where you are wired in. and have you tried your cruise with the controller unplugged?

if you still don't have cruise with that disconnected i would unplug the back of the seven pin connector and check once more but that will eliminate 90% of the problem areas, i can run you though a circuit test if you would like but if you don't have cruise with those out of the equation i can almost guarantee its the switch i put in a couple a week.