GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

My map light switch on the passenger side broke and i can't

Customer Question

My map light switch on the passenger side broke and i can't find a wiring diagram that shows me where the white wire goes nor can I find the switch
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: When i popped the cover off the switch fell apart and there are 2 black wires that are on the back of the switch and a loose white wire that has a squared end with one side open
JA: Cars do make very odd noises -- They help the mechanics figure out what's wrong. They are terrific with my old Grand Cherokee. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I'd like to because i can't see paying $200.00 for chevy to fix it
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: Not that i can think of
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ryan Schott replied 8 months ago.

How are you? Can you send me your whole vin so i can pull up the vehicle build and ill find you a diagram.