Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I put new headlights in yesterday and now when my steering

Customer Question

I put new headlights in yesterday and now when my steering wheel is in the full up position the low beam will not work. I move the steering wheel down and they work. High beam ok
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I don't know what else to explain
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes....I didn't do any work near the dimmer switch so not sure if I messed something up or not
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing except just move the steering down and it works....Kinda like slapping a radio to make it work
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: Not that I know of
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 8 months ago.

Hi Ed, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. Sounds like there is a loose connection in the harness inside the column. To verify this with the column just down enough to where it will allow the lights to work, do a slight wiggle and pull test on the harness to see if you can get the lights to not work with a slight tug or pull. If so then there is a loose connection in the wiring or connector pins. Let me know