mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco

My 05 Silverado cranks but won't fire off, replaced cps,

Customer Question

My 05 Silverado cranks but won't fire off, replaced cps
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Problem started with knock sensor code 332
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  mike switzer replied 6 months ago.

these vehicles are known for fuel pump problems are you able to start the engine with starting fluid or have you confirmed the lack of spark on the vehicle?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't have a spark

the first thing you will want to do is go around the engine and mark sure all engine grounds are clean a secure. second when you say you replaced the CPS do you mean crank od cam sensor?

also what size engine do you have?

if you have a 5.3 liter the ground in particular you want to look for is on the drivers side of the engine near the front just above the oil pan it would be in front of the engine mount.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is a 5.3L engine and the CPS was located behind the starter,
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I' going to check all grounds now, talk later.

a couple fuses you can check as well are injector 1 and injector 2 fuses make sure they are not blown. you should have battery voltage at the pink wire on the coils and if you have less than battery voltage you will want to check those fuses. also you should have very little resistance on the black wire at the coil between the coil black wire and ground that is.