Ryan Schott
Ryan Schott,
Experience:  technician at Demarois Buick Gmc
77508644

00 tahoe rear blower not working, 00 chevy tahoe rear blower

Customer Question

00 tahoe rear blower not working
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 00 chevy tahoe rear blower not working
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: replaced rear blower motor module in the rear
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Has anything else been checked or tested for this fault here at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
there seems to be no power coming out of the rear power transister, however the three pin connector going in to transister has power on the orange wire.. the purple wire(signal wire has no power) when grounded the blower motor turns on... the 30 amp fuse up front is good.. 10 amp on side of dash as well
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

One more thing,can you tell me what liter engine is in this model here?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
5.3 .. no sunroof.. manual a/c
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
checked the ground and its fine, the purple signal wire in the 3 pin connector going to blower motor control module in rear has no power?
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Is there power on the brown wire at the resistor assembly for the rear blower with the key on or engine running?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There is no brown wire... Orange.. purple .. black... 3 pin connector.... power at orange wire key on.. (were reffering to the rear blower motor) right rear corner of truck
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Is there a 4 pin connector plugging into the rear blower motor resistor assembly?If so in terminal D there should be a brown wire.Let me know,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
2000 chevy tahoe rear blower control module has a 3 pin connector going into it..orange . purple. black? this is the black box that has two wires plugging into blower motor.... i think ur looking at the front
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

This is the diagram for this year and model,manual ac controls less sunroof.It shows two connectors at the auxiliary blower motor resistor/relay assembly.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7nooom7fb1qndle/rear-03-30.gif?dl=0

If you follow the blower motor wiring at the rear blower does it lead to this resistor assembly with two connections plugged into it?

Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Let me know if your able to locate the wiring posted here.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the black box that runs and connects to the blower motor.. has a purple and black wire... Then there is a 3 pin connector that plugs in to the rear control module... orange. purple black... dont know why mines is diffrent i do clearly see on the diagram u posted..
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
if u can give me about n hour or so i can run and make sure its the correct year vehicle... but my wiring on my end is clearly diffrent.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Please post your VIN on this page for me so I can get you the correct diagram. Thank you!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
1GNEK13T1YJ135853
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for the VIN! The orange wire is the power wire going into the rear blower assembly unit. The black wire is ground.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i have power at the orange.... nothing at the at the purble.. howerever no power on the purple wire coming out of the transister
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.

So you did find the purple wire? No voltage on this wire at all correct?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Correct....
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
im assuming its some type of signal wire from. the overhead switches? i tried in all position.. auto . rear.. nothing....
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.

Thats right. It should have voltage on it. the voltage on the Purple wire pin B as the blower speed is changed; the voltage should change from 4.0 volts to 0.4 volts.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.

There is a front auxiliary control unit located in the front of the console and the rear auxiliary control unit located in the rear of the overhead console. The front auxiliary unit needs to be switched to the rear position for the rear unit to control.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.

The purple wire may be open or broken going to the rear. Check the Purple wire from the blower motor to the Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning control rear assembly located in the front overhead consol. If the Purple wire is good from the blower motor to rear control unit, check connections at the rear control unit. If the connections are good check for B+ at pin B1 Brown wire and for a good ground at pin A8 Black wire. For the temperature control check for B+ at the rear air temperature actuator pin 5 Brown wire and for a good ground pin 7 Black wire. Check for 5 volts on the Gray wire pin 10 and a varying voltage at pin 9 from 5 volts to 0.4 volts depending on the position commanded. Check for 2.5 volts on the White/Black wire, the voltage should change from 2.5 volts to 0 volts or 5 volts depending on the command and then go back to 2.5 volts (if commanded to override position the voltage will remain at either 0 or 5 volts).

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.

I think this is the correct diagram for your circuit. Please check the wiring and connectors to ensure they match up with this diagram.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.

Since yours is manual, there may not be any varing voltage on that purple wire. That might just be for the auto HVAC system..

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.

No, sorry.. thats wrong. Thats for the front. Scratch that. Is there a brown wire going to the rear blower resistor assembly?

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.

If so, check that wire for power. The orange wire and brown wire should have battery voltage on it

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Both tempature and mode control actuators operates when using the controls.. jus the blower doesnt operates, however if i ground the purple wire going in the power transister the blower turns on..... there is no brown wire... are u refering to the three pin connector going into rear blower module
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.

According to the wiring diagrams I have, the brown wire goes to the rear blower resistor. One of the issues we are running into is that there are so many options for this vehicle and so many different diagrams. Can you list all the color wires going into the rear blower resistor?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
this is similar to what i have
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.

Can you send me a picture of the connectors going into the rear resistor/relay assembly?

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.

Is the rear resistor and relay seperate?

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.

Is there a red wire going into the relay? Does that have power?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
going into the resistor there is a 3 pin connectot... big orange wire,, small purple.. and ground... coming out of transister going into blower motor. there is a red and black
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.

Every one of my diagrams have a purple and black wire going into the rear blower motor. NO red wire going to the rear blower.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.

Just like that pic you sent me

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the red takes the place of the purple wire.. u remember i told u i replaced the power transister black box for the rear.... instead of being a purple and black its a red and black (2 pin connector)
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 11 months ago.

YES, I do. Unfortunately I dont I am able to help you. I am going to leave this open for other experts. Good luck!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I WILL TAKE SOME PICS AS SOON AS I CAN GET OUT ON A TEST DRIVE.. IM AT WORK RIGHT NOW
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Here you go
Expert:  Ryan Schott replied 11 months ago.

I'm only finding these wires in an auto system, the purple being a logic circuit from the rear module, i'd ohm this circuit to the module for an open. it will be pin A9 on the connector shown, i cant pull a picture for module location but it has 2 connectors, the description says in the overhead console, but depending on build it should be #3 in that first image you sent or if not equiped it will be the controls themself