GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

I have a 2006 Malibu and it seems to have some starting

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Malibu and it seems to have some starting problems. Sometimes when you start the engine the started stays engage. Now it is happening more and then the car will die. You try to start again and then the engine like revs up. It's really weird. It does have remote start system that we do not use because key fob broke when we bought it and never replaced it. Any suggestions?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sorry when you turn on the ignition it seems to be like over cranking and the starter stays engaged. Most of the time it will stay on and the over cranking only last a few seconds but sometimes it will actually die and take a couple more times to get it turn over if it does die.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** starter staying engaged and vehicle stalling seem unrelated. How does vehicle run once it does start? Is the check engine light on? Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Check engine light has been on for a couple of years. We have had it tested and at auto store they said it's oxygen sensors. We have changed out three that we can reach.We just cleaned the throttle body because it was gummed up and really idling hard. We also did techRon cleaner and car is running fantastic but just once in a while when you start it the stater stays engaged for a few seconds. Does not always do it but when it actually dies after staying engaged it will take a couple of tries to get it to turn over.
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.

What engine?